The 25 Best Songs for Moving House – Ranked | A Simply Removals Playlist
The Only Moving House Playlist You Need
The team at Simply Removals are constantly on the move, which means we need to keep our moving house playlist updated. have come up with 25 of the best moving house songs to get you through the moving process.
Note: not all of the songs on our playlist are specifically about moving house!
Ranked: 25 of the Best Moving House Songs
- Five – Keep on Movin’ – One of the best moving house songs on the list. Five’s ‘Keep on Movin” is a mainstay on our playlist, it’s a feel good tune and a timeless classic.
- Reel 2 Real – I Like to Move it Move it – fairly applicable to the moving process and another feel-good song for our list. Released November 14th, 1993.
- JoJo – Leave (Get Out) – an oldschool pop song that debuted in 2004 to huge acclaim. Jojo was the youngest solo artist to have a number one single in the US.
- Body Rockers – I Like the Way You Move – the single reached number 3 on the UK singles chart and remained in the top 75 for 40 weeks. It was also featured in the Diet Coke (‘Loft’) advert.
- ACDC – Highway to Hell – a rock tune for almost any good occasion. A staple on any feel-good playlist.
- Jet – Are You Gonna Be My Girl? – the Australian rock-band Jet are no strangers to moving house playlists. The song was their first Top 40 hit. Released August 25th, 2003.
- Neighbours Theme Tune – if you’re feeling optimistic about your new neighbours, this one might be worth a shot…?
- Flo Rida – My House – another pop song revolving around the moving house concept. Released on October 13th, 2015.
- Rush – Prime Mover – Neil Peart (drummed of Rush) is a Twilight Zone fan, and the song shares a title with the 57th episode of the series. Released September, 1987.
- Gina Vannelli – People Gotta Move – Gino had several big hits during the 70s and 80s. The single was used in an advert for TV and radio for The Royal Dutch Touring Club.
- The Clash – Should I Stay or Should I Go – from the album ‘Combat Rock’, it reached the number one spot in the UK singles charts for its reissue in 1992. Released 10th of June, 1982.
- Young MC – Bust a Move – this award-winning single definitely deserves a place in our moving house playlist. The song remained in the Billboard Hot 100 for 39 weeks and 20 weeks in the top 40. Released May 22nd, 1989.
- Switchfoot – Dare You to Move – a throwback to the pop-punk era, the song peaked at number 17 on the Billboard Hot 100. Released March 2nd, 2004.
- Josh Kelley – It’s Your Move – a pop-rock song to get your move underway. Josh Kelley had four hit singles in the Billboard Top 40, including ‘It’s Your Move’. Released November 2017.
- Elvis Presley – I Shall Not Be Moved – sang alongside The Million Dollar Quartet, the song was adapted from an African American spiritual. It became a popular Civil Rights Movement song. Released 1956.
- OneRepublic – All the Right Moves – from their studio album ‘Waking Up’, the single ended up 26th in the UK charts. Released October 24th, 2009.
- Jimi Hendrix – Let Me Move You – the track was recorded on March 18th 1969 in Record Plant Studios with saxophonist Lonnie Youngblood. A true classic. Released March 5th 2013.
- Curtis Mayfield – Move On Up – a classic from Mayfield. It was released in the album ‘Curtis’ and the song, surprisingly failed to chart first time around. However, it’s now regarded as one of the best ever soul classics and remains one of our favourite moving house songs. Released May, 1971.
- All American Rejects – Move Along – another pop-punk hit, AAR managed to hit three top 15 singles with the song which helped them hit triple platinum by the RIAA. Released July 12th, 2005.
- James Bay – Move Together – from the renowned album ‘Chaos and the Calm’, this single was an immediate hit. Released March 23rd, 2015.
- Maroon 5 – Moves Like Jagger – a huge hit back in 2011 from Maroon 5 and Christina Aguilera. The song received great reviews from critics and reached number one spot in the charts in several countries. Released June 21st, 2011.
- The Script – The Man Who Can’t Be Moved – from the album ‘The Script’, this single reached number two in the UK charts. Released 25th July, 2008.
- The Rolling Stones – You Gotta’ Move – a cover of McDowell’s original version, The Rolling Stones released a electric combo version, spearheaded by Mick Jagger. It was included on their album ‘Sticky Fingers’, released in 1971.
- Ellie Goulding – Something in the Way You Move – from her album ‘Delirium’, the song was released as the second single, reaching number 51 on the UK singles chart. Released January 19th, 2016.
- Temples – Move with the Season – this English rock band saw their debut album ‘Sun Structures’ reach number seven in the UK charts. Released November 3rd, 2014.
Are there any songs we should add to our list? If you have an idea, do leave a comment below. However, we’re specifically looking for songs either to do with moving or at least make reference to words about moving. Leave us your recommendations below.